1 the noise of squawking; "the squawk of car horns"
2 informal terms for objecting; "I have a gripe about the service here" [syn: gripe, kick, beef, bitch]
Squawk can refer to:
- Squawk code, (more formally transponder code) a four-digit number sent out by an aircraft's transponder
- Squawk (album), hard rock band Budgie's second album released in 1972
- Squawk virtual machine, a Java virtual machine for small devices, written mostly in Java programming language
- A nickname for the Seattle Seahawks football team
- Squawk can also refer to another aviation-related meaning concerning maintenance problems, such as: "The plane has three squawks." - where there are three problems that require repair or attention.
air a grievance, bark, bawl, beef, beefing, bellow, bellyache, bellyaching, bitch, bitching, blare, blat, blubber, boggle, boom, boycott, bray, breathe, buzz, cackle, call, call in question, carol, caterwaul, caw, challenge, chant, chatter, cheep, cheer, chirk, chirp, chirr, chirrup, chitter, chuck, clack, clamor, cluck, cock-a-doodle-doo, complain, complaining, complaint, compunction, coo, crab, creak, croak, cronk, crow, cry, cry out against, cuckoo, demonstrate, demonstrate against, demonstration, demur, demurrer, destructive criticism, dispute, dissent, drawl, drum, enter a protest, exception, exclaim, expostulate, expostulation, faultfinding, flute, fret, fret and fume, fuss, gabble, gaggle, gasp, gobble, grievance, grievance committee, gripe, griping, groan, groaning, grouch, grouse, grousing, growl, grumble, grumbling, grunt, guggle, hail, halloo, hiss, holler, hollo, honk, hoo, hoot, howl, indignation meeting, keen, kick, kicking, lilt, lodge a complaint, make a fuss, march, mumble, murmur, murmuring, mutter, nonviolent protest, object, objection, pant, peep, peeve, peevishness, pet peeve, petulance, picket, picketing, pip, pipe, press objections, protest, protest demonstration, protestation, quack, qualm, querulousness, raise a howl, rally, register a complaint, remonstrance, remonstrate, remonstration, roar, roll, rumble, scold, scolding, screak, scream, screech, scruple, shout, shriek, shrill, sibilate, sigh, sing, sit in, sit-in, skirl, skreigh, snap, snarl, sniping, snort, sob, squall, squawking, squeak, squeal, state a grievance, strike, take on, teach in, teach-in, thunder, trill, trumpet, twang, tweet, twit, twitter, ululate, ululation, wail, warble, whine, whining, whisper, whistle, whoop, wrawl, yammer, yap, yapping, yawl, yawp, yell, yell bloody murder, yelp, yip, yowl